Podcasts offer so many entertainment opportunities. Still, they can also appear like a valuable source of information for various researches and papers. Very often, specialists and professors share their opinions in podcasts earlier than expressing such in books. These audio posts frequently create a room for discussion. In any case, when you use a podcast, ensure that you cite it properly in line with the requirements of certain styles for citation you should use. Here, we will reveal to you how to cite a podcast according to each of them.
If you intend to cite a podcast, include certain details in any case:
- full name or username of a person who has narrated this recording / the name or username of the company that has placed info;
- title of this target podcast;
- title of a concrete episode you refer to;
- title of the resource where the recording was placed;
- date of publishing of this podcast;
Find this info to ensure your compliance with any style. Let’s start with the most common styles.
How to Cite a Podcast in MLA Correctly
To cite a podcast according to the MLA format, indicate the following details:
- Last and first name of a person who has posted this recording/name of the entity that has placed it / username.
- “Title of the cited episode of recording”.
- Title of the cited recording.
- Title of the place of publishing (if it differs from the author or title).
- Date when it has been placed.
To help you, here is one example of how to cite a podcast in MLA:
Richards, Alison, host. “Create a Good Writing Page Shortly”. Writing Stories, NGR, 12 Mar. 2020. http://www.ngr.com/2020/07/01/5623485478/ create-good-article-shortly.
You may rely on this example for citing a podcast in texts.
How to Cite a Podcast in APA Clearly
If you require applying the APA format, here is how to cite a podcast in APA:
- The last and the first names of a person who has posted this recording (its contributor).
- Date of placement.
- Title of the part of the cited recording (if any).
- The phrase “”.
- The phrase “retrieved from”.
This is one example of APA citation for a podcast:
Richards, A. (Host). (2020, March 12). Create a Good Article Shortly [Audio podcast]. Retrieved from https://www.glr.com/2020/07/01/5623485478/create-good-article-shortly.
How Does the Correct Chicago Citation for a Podcast Look Like?
For Chicago citation for a podcast, indicate these details and check their order:
- Last and first name of the creator of recording.
- “title of the episode of recording cited”.
- The phrase “title of recording”.
- The phrase “podcast audio”.
- Date (month, date, and year of placement).
You may create your citations by following this sample:
Richards, Alison. “How to Create a Good Writing Page Shortly”. Writing edition. Podcast audio, March 12, 2020. https://www.nlr.com/2020/07/01/5623485478/create-good-article-shortly.
For checking yourself, we suggest you using citation generators.